Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
WHAT IT IS
The government has chosen to invest in Primary School Physical Education and School Sport for 2020-21. They have done this by offering each primary school £16,000 plus £5 per pupil to be spent in any way the school thinks best to improve the teaching and learning of PE and School Sport in their individual school.
HOW WE ARE USING IT AT STOKENCHURCH
- We have used the funding at STOKENCHURCH, to ensure that children have the most qualified teachers and instructors during their P.E. lessons. This has included buying in training and support for teachers and teaching assistants from an external quality assured coach.
- To raise the profile of PE within the whole school and develop a healthy and active lifestyle
- To ensure there are opportunities for all pupils to access at least ONE hour of exercise and improved wellbeing daily, through PE, 5 a Day Fruit Scheme, Stokie Second, Run a Mile and School enrichment clubs
- To provide a wide range of lessons- including swimming.
- Some of the funding has been used to increase the range of extra-curricular activities and some to subsidise or fund a number of these clubs.
- In addition, we have used the money to develop and train Sport Leaders in Year 6.
- We also have a Summer Sports day for each Key stage and have been able to buy sports kit to use when we are representing STOKENCHURCH School in School Sport Partnership events and playing against other schools.
- To make sure the playground markings are updated
- The impact will be monitored by the PE leader in the first instance and overseen by the Headteacher.
STOKENCHURCH receives £19,536 sports premium funding. Our total sports spend for 2020-21 was £ £32,554
The impact of this plan will be fully reviewed in the first term of September 2022