Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Sports Development Grant
You may have read about the additional government funding announced back in March 2013 of £150 million to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in Primary schools. At Stokenchurch Primary our allocated budget is invested in our children’s PE. In response to this extra funding we have looked at ways of ensuring the money will both improve our provision in the short and long term.
Income for 2018-2019 is £14,497 to provide the following:
- Mr Williams our PE coach works alongside teaching staff with all children from Year 1 to Year 6 in one hour games lessons timetabled to run on Monday (Year 3 and Year 4), Thursday (Year 5 and Year 6) and Friday (Year 1 and Year 2) afternoons. The aim is to support not only the quality delivery of PE in those games lessons but equally help develop the skills of our staff which will continue to have an impact on other PE lessons currently timetabled and all PE in the future. The coach develops plans for these sessions using our PE curriculum map and sends plans to staff to discuss at their PPA sessions prior to the lessons themselves.
- Mr Williams will also be adding to our provision at both playtimes and lunchtimes for Key Stage 1 and 2 setting up sports activities. At lunchtime he is timetabled every day to cover supporting lunch play from 12.00 to 1.30p.m. providing a variety of structured sports activities for all age groups which he will personally run. So far we have seen much excitement as children have taken part in tennis, cricket, football among a wide selection of sports and skill development on the main playground run by Mr Williams.
- From September 2018 Miss Goodall ( a member of our teaching staff with specialised PE skills) now supports all PPA sessions from for F2 to Y6 delivering the PE element in rotation with other staff providing French/German and ICT. In addition she leads before and after school gym clubs, supporting our highly successful participation at local and national gymnastic competitions.
- Mr Williams also leads timetabled PE sessions with children from Y1 to Y5 supporting as above.
- Mr Williams also runs a wide range of sports clubs on four nights of the week for Years 1 to 6
- We have invested funds into our PE resources adding last year a range of new playground equipment to stimulate children's play and chosen by pupils through our school council
- The school continues to purchase PE kit for staff to wear when taking PE lessons to promote the value we attach to quality PE provision within the school and match the expectation we have on pupils on wearing appropriate clothing.
In September 2017 we joined the Holmer Green Sports Partnership at a cost of £2000 using Sport Premium funding in addition to providing all transport (a further £4600). The partnership will include 2 Sport Festivals for all pupils from F2 to Y6 and a partnership day with a day’s support from the partnership teacher. Whilst we felt the children gained from the experience overall we felt we could more successfully run our own festivals here at Stokenchurch and invite local schools to attend. Dates provisionally suggested are: Friday 1st February - Y6 Handball Friday 1st March - Y4 Handball Friday 3rd May - Y2 Multi Skills Friday 5th July - F2 Multi Skills
In Year Six 69 pupils took part in school swimming during the summer term 2019. By the end of our eight week swim season consisting of two lessons a week the pupils achieved the following levels.
62 Children could swim at least 25m or above unaided - 90%
62 Children could use a range of strokes over 25m - front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke - 90%
All 69 children completed self-rescue in different water based situations.