For Topic this week, please use the resources and follow the guidance below.
For additional support or to share your work, please contact the Year 5 team via the year group email address and someone will respond as soon as possible.
All resources required for each session are available to download at the bottom of this page.
Continuing our RE topic work looking at Christians' beliefs, we have provided a brief presentation and activity asking pupils to consider a written debate on whether the true meaning of Christmas has been lost.
- Select a version of the activity sheet to complete (1 star has a little more guidance, 2 star more independent, and 3 star has a more open challenge), and use the presentation and your own views to support your arguments.
Concluding our RE topic work looking at Christians' beliefs, we have provided an activity whereby pupils will need to compare and contrast their own beliefs regarding the Christmas story with those held by Christians.
- Complete the questions on the sheet or on a piece of paper.
Whilst we are devastate that the Christmas parties are unable to go ahead next week (we will look to see what can be done to celebrate together in the New Year), we have provided some fun activities to put you in the party spirit at home.
- Have a go at the Christmas Quiz to start with, then move on to creating your own Christmas crackers with the templates provided which you can fill with a homemade hat, a riddle, a joke and perhaps a wrapped sweet treat.
- Remember to write your jokes for the crackers, and email them to the Year 5 team so that we can feature our favourites on the school website!
For some inspiration, here are some of our favourites:
This would have been our Christmas Crafternoon, so we have provided a craft-based activity for home.
- Use the template and instructions provided to decorate and put together your own paper or card bauble.
- You can then use the cute and square-based pyramid nets to create your own festive decorations in a similar way!
The homework that was due to be set over the festive period has been uploaded for Friday afternoon. You can make a start on this project ready to share when we return, or you can enjoy an afternoon with family and save it for later in the holidays.
- It can be found below and on the homework section of the school's website.