Summer Week 1
This week, we will be learning about shapes.
Monday 1st June
Remind yourself of all the different 2D shapes – can you remember them all?
1. Draw some different 2D shapes in your book (remember to use a ruler) and describe them - how many sides and how many vertices do they each have?
2. Have a go at Thinking Task 18 (photocopied sheet) – In great shape
3. Finally, if you have time, what different 2D shapes can you make using 6 toothpicks (or little sticks of roughly the same size)? Can you make a 3 sided shape? A 4 sided shape? What is a 5 sided shape called? And a 6 sided shape?
What are 2D shapes?Learn about 2D shapes with these videos, games and quizzes
Shape SongLearn your 2D shapes with the help of this catchy song!
Tuesday 2nd June
1. Today we would like you to look at different windows and their shapes (Thinking Task T21) and work out which shapes are the most popular - why?
Look at the windows on your sheet but you might also want to think about the windows in your own home and maybe ones you can see across the road!
2. Take a look at the different shapes on the 'What's the same? What's different?' sheet. Compare the 2 shapes - what do you notice?
Please complete the above tasks in your home learning books.
Thinking Task T21
Wednesday 3rd June - Symmetry
SymmetryWhat makes a shape symmetrical?
Repeating patternsLearn about repeating patterns with this bbc bitesize video
Thinking Task T22
Thinking Task T24